The For the People Act (S. 1/H.R. 1) is a package of bold, commonsense reforms that will reduce the influence of money in politics, crackdown on corruption in both parties, ensure accurate elections, and protect voting rights. These commonsense reforms will restore our democracy and benefit all Americans. We can deliver on our founders’ promise of a democracy of, by, and for the people. And we need your help to get it signed into law.
Take Action Now
Call your Senators and share your support of the For the People Act:
The For the People Act is critical to restoring the public’s faith in our democracy and ensuring everyone’s voice and vote is heard, counted, and protected.
- The For the People Act will protect the right to vote, ensure accurate elections, and prevent voter suppression.
- The bill will end the dominance of wealthy special interests, empower small donors, and shine a light on dark money.
- It will ensure public officials are working in the public interest by strengthening conflict-of-interest rules and reducing the power of lobbyists.
- Annotated Guide to the For the People Act, Brennan Center for Justice
- Problems in 2020 Elections Solved by the For the People Act and John R. Lewis Voting Rights Act, Let America Vote and Leadership Conference for Civil and Human Rights
- The Impact of Select H.R. 1/S. 1 Policy Changes on Black and Brown Political Power, Demos
- Small Donor Public Financing Could Advance Race and Gender Equity in Congress, Brennan Center for Justice
- On Bipartisan Democracy Reform, the For the People Act Can Deliver, Campaign Legal Center